RFID card printers are used for printing of student, employees and security control id cards. The RFID technology mostly uses to access and track objects. It is mostly commonly used for access control and also for identification with other applications. It is abbreviation of Radio-Frequency Identification.
We have some key point as in RFID card printers:
- Printing Technology:
- All these printers mainly use different rules in printing , like DTC (direct-to-card) and retransfer printing method. DTC printers print directly onto the surface of card, while retransfer printers print onto a film that is then fused onto the card. Retransfer printing generally offers higher image quality and is suitable for printing on uneven surfaces.
- Encoding Capabilities:
- RFID card printers should have the ability to encode RFID chips. Encoding involves programming information onto the RFID chip embedded in the card, such as a unique identifier or access permissions.
- Card Compatibility:
- RFID card printer is compatible with all type of RFID cards. Mostly RFID card are different formats and frequencies, such as HF (High Frequency) and UHF (Ultra High Frequency).
- Print Speed and Quality:
- The speed and quality of this printer offers by the RFID is faster are generally more efficient for large-scale card production, while higher print resolutions result in better image quality.
- Connectivity options, such as USB, Ethernet, or wireless connections. This allows for flexibility in integrating the printer into different systems and networks.
- Security Features:
- Security is crucial for RFID card printers, especially when used for access control or identification purposes. Look for printers that offer features like password protection, secure printing, and encryption to prevent unauthorized access and tampering.
- Ensure that the RFID card printer is compatible with the software you plan to use for card design and data encoding. Many RFID card printers come with their own software, while others may be compatible with third-party solutions.
- Ease of Use:
- User-friendly interfaces and features, such as card loading mechanisms and maintenance alerts, contribute to the overall ease of use of an RFID card printer.
- The reasonable initial purchase price is very good. The price of its ribbons and cards also affordable including maintenance is very low.
Prominent ID RFID card printer makers Fargo, HID Global and Zebra.